Thursday, May 8, 2014

Back to Basics - Weight Loss

Hey guys!

So I have once again been really big into following fashion and other types of blogs lately. Time to get the ball rolling on keeping my blog updated. These last few months I have been putting off the gym like the plague!! However something jump started inside when I stepped on the scale to see just near 170 lbs!! A new high for myself. I decided then and there I would get back to my old ways of getting my butt to the gym!!

Does anyone else sometimes feel they can't measure up to many other fashion bloggers out there? Or can't try on certain clothing types because they are made for "skinny girls". Well I want to show you, that all sizes can enjoy fashion and always work towards the body that you feel comfortable in! I am pretty good at pushing myself at the gym and have been really enjoying my time there as of late!

Measurements as of today:
Bust - 38 inches
Waist - 34 inches
Hips - 41 inches

Weighing in at about 168 lbs!
I am about 5'5 so this puts me in the overweight category. I feel healthy but am not too happy about the spare tire I have in my mid section! Time to blast it off. Pictures to follow.

Like most I'd like to achieve some results in order to show a before and after shot! I'm hoping that posting about my health journey will keep me committed. I know for sure that I need to incorporate more vegetables into my diet and lean healthy fats.

As of late I've been finding packing food for work a bit of a challenge. I will make myself a hearty salad for my first break, but by the time my second break comes around I feel as if I hadn't eaten a thing! I guess I need to add more protein or some nice nuts. Care to share with me what you pack for a full day away from home? I leave for work in the morning most days, and by the time I fit in the gym I may not be home until 7:30 in the evening.

I'd love to hear some suggestions on what to pack! I work out at Goodlife fitness, and lately I have been switching up my cardio work out between elliptical and treadmill ensuring to vary my intensity and burn roughly 500 calories. Then I follow up with the 20 minute circuit, trying to do this at least 3 times a week. 

Wish me luck!

I'm still not sure exactly what type of template I want to have but bare with me as I try to figure out what tickles my fancy!

I added a contact me tab so feel free to fill out the form there :)

Let me know if you are struggling with weight gain and if you're ready for a change! Perhaps we can be each others support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment